Monday, 1 May 2017

Hurdy Gurdy Maker and Recording studios

Being stuck in a wheelchair all day means I get to spend an awful lot of time on the internet. I plague the world with my tweets and retweets, most stuff is Thanet based because I love living here and try and support local stuff. Today I discovered two local ventures that previously I knew nothing about.  The first I found via Twitter and I was stunned to find we have a Hurdy Gurdy maker here in Thanet Claire Dugue. Until today I had never thought about a Hurdy Gurdy. The nearest I had been to one was Donovans 1960's song which reached number four in the charts in 1968. Yet today I have discovered we have a craftswoman here in Thanet who manufactures these incredible instruments. I have just been on her website and listened to one of these magnificent instruments being played in Ramsgate.Which brings me to my second discovery Big Jelly Studio in Ramsgate. We used to live in Ramsgate not far from where these two enterprises are now based. I am excited to blog about these two music based ventures because I love music in most forms and hope in some small way me blogging about them helps get them new business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed