Sunday, 30 April 2017

Listening to Emily Maguire on the radio

When we wake up in the morning the radio goes  on a few seconds offer the kettle. This morning I was greeted by the dulcet tones of Claire Balding and Father Brian Darcy and now I am listening to Emily Maguire talking about being a songwriter whilst suffering with bipolar. I know mental health is a huge problem and have lost both family and friends to the ravages of this seldom talked about illness. The British stiff upper lip is the problem. Pull yourself together is the standard diagnosis. Someone in the depths of depression needs help not ignorance. Mental health issues are so easy to dismiss. We all think that it can be overcome with a brave face and put your best foot forward attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed