This Easter break why not bring your children down to the beach to have some fun looking for shark egg cases and helping to create a marine masterpiece.
Three events aimed at the 4 - 11 year-old age group have been organised by the Thanet Coast Project with a mix of activity and creativity.
The seaside hunts for families to search for clues of our marine and coastal wildlife last for 45 minutes followed by another 45 minutes of ‘art-time’.
Events will take place on:
- Tuesday 4 April, 11am at Margate Main Sands (CT9 1XN) - meet at the Coastal Community Beach Hut (opposite Arlington House)
- Wednesday 5 April, 11am at Viking Bay, Broadstairs (CT10 1EU) - meet outside the old Broadstairs Harbour Master’s Office (opposite Tartar Frigate pub)
- Thursday 6 April, 11am at Ramsgate Main Sands (CT11 8LP) - meet by the ‘Needle’ obelisk (opposite The Belgian Cafe)
“‘There is so much to explore along our coastline and these events provide a great chance for family groups to have a closer look to find clues of the sharks and rays and other marine creatures by just observing what gets washed ashore along our fantastic coastline.”
“Our Thanet coast is part of the ‘North East Kent Marine Protected Area’ (NEKMPA) which is important for wintering birds and the marine life associated with the chalk cliffs, caves, reefs and sandy bays.”
Activities are run by Thanet Coast Project volunteers with a suggested donation of £1 per person. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Bookings Open - Please click on link here to reserve your Great Eggcase/Scavenger Hunt place!
- Further information on this and other beach related events, is available at: http://nekmpa.org.uk/whats-on/2017-events-and-activities/.
- Alternatively, please the Thanet Visitor Information Centre on 01843 577577 to book if you do not have internet access.