Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Painting drawing and now linocut block printing. My artistic efforts in Margate

Art is fun! Before Christmas well in October actually my sister in law purchased me a set of water colour paints and then I was hooked. I am rubbish at painting, awful at drawing and just plain bad at portraits, but what I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm. I doodle I draw I colour and I have a go. Being stuck in my wheelchair the days are long very looong so introducing new ways to keep myself occupied makes time disappear. Which brings us to my latest way to make time disappear Linocut printing. I know we have some world famous lino cut artist's here in Margate but it is probably because Thanet has become such a hot bed of artistic talent that I have shown interest.  I have always wanted to paint but knew that I had no artistic talents so I never got round to painting! But now at the grand old age of 61 I don't care. I am not doing it for praise I am doing it for me!
For Christmas one of our daughter's bought me some stuff from Lovelys in Northdown Road to get started on my next project, link cut block printing. Lovelys do some much art stuff it's a right little treasure trove and they have been supplying artists with stuff for over 125 years. Can you believe that doing the same thing for that long. I had jobs for less minutes! Paper paints and all manner of stuff both in the shop and online, I mention to someone I lived in Margate and they had bought online from Lovelys and the were in Newcastle. The power of the world wide web. Today Heather called into the shop to get me a bench hook to keep the link still and protect our dinning room table which has now become craft central but packed away for mealtimes.
I can only manage about an hour a day without exhausting myself so maybe soon I will have something to post but don't hold your breath I am slow  very slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed