Sunday, 11 September 2016

From Ladybird books to spotting ladybirds

When I was a Junior school I used to buy Ladybird books and amassed a huge collection  which I donated to Faversham Library in the mid 70's. Now fifty years later I am spotting Ladybirds and taking pictures of them. This one is not your ordinary red variety but a 22-spot ladybird (Psyllobora 22-punctata) which was seen at the Reculver Visitor Centre and Country Park when we visited earlier this week. It was on the rails outside the centre sunning itself and provides me with several shots. In truth I saw little else of note but did have a nice nap in the wheelchair as the others went exploring .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed