Thursday, 21 April 2016

First Swallow Spotted

The week has flown by
I know lots of other people have spotted their first Swallow days ago but I have only just seen my first one sweeping over fields of Rapeseed near Garlinge. Checking the font of all knowledge Google someone in Shetland reported one on the 8th a full nine days before mine. My garden has been full of testosterone filled birds but none have taken residence in the nest boxes.Still its early yet. View other sky pictures at SKYWATCH FRIDAY
Blue Sky Yellow Field

Saint James Church


6 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos and I am always happy to see the swallows return. Lovely photos Don! The Rapeseed certainly makes for a beautiful sight. My brother-in-law visited recently and he cooked us spaghetti bolognese and we looked everywhere for rapeseed oil which he had asked for. We looked it up on line and it is called canola oil over here, which I already had in my pantry. Denise xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me smile, Canola oil is not a name I am familiar with. Spaghetti Bolognese hmmm I always end up covered in red marks. As I type Heather is preparing a salad

      Delete
  2. The yellow of canola in the fields is always so bright - especially against a rich blue sky. Lovely scenes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed