Monday, 7 March 2016

Easter on Margates Horizon

I was speaking to Ross Andrews earlier today and he was preparing for Easter. I may have given up shaving for Lent but I also quit shaving for Dry January well it was easier than stopping drinking, I like red wine and so it turns out so does my beard, it occasionally goes from grey to red in two glass fulls. Thanet is slowly reawakening from its winter slow down. Places like The Two Halves micro Pub and Ruskin De la mer on Marine Parade will move from shorted opening hours of the quieter winter to full on summer where Thanet entertains the majority of its visitors. I am one of those who enjoys the winter here in Margate. I have always enjoyed walks on the winter beaches but now I am unable to go as the wheelchair dislikes sand as much as it dislikes flights of steps. Easter is the kick start to all seaside town seasons o as much as I enjoy the winter I am looking forwards to the summer with its sunshine and sandy beaches. Dreamland is set to open from Friday 25th March click here for opening hours
Restaurants and bars will be stocking up for the Easter break and I know people up and down the country will be booking breaks in Thanet. One of Broadstairs award winning hotels The Bay Tree Broadstairs offers fantastic short breaks. Plan your visit to Thanet on the Visit Thanet Website
See you all soon.

Dreamland Scenic Railway and Big Wheel  resting before the season starts

1 comment:

  1. Hello Don, it has been nice catching up. I am very happy the warmer weather is heading our way. I have a new blog now. It is

    http://anenglishgirlrambles2016.blogspot.com

    Hope you stop by for a visit some time. All the best, Denise xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed