Monday, 1 February 2016

Stocks Alone at Home Exhibition at Plinth Margate 4 February at 18:00 to 14 February at 17:00



Plinth is proud to present the inaugural show at the new gallery and pop-up space, of paintings by Tim Stocks.

4 February at 18:00 to 14 February at 17:00
 
“I started painting about 10 years ago when I suffered from really bad anxiety, since then I have done eight exhibitions and I have sold 57 paintings. I feel my art is very spiritual and a gift from the person above because in some of my art you can see faces that were not meant to be there. I really believe that when we paint we go into a different dimension and I always say that when you have someone’s painting on the wall you have their soul on the wall with you.” - Tim Stocks 2015

About the artist

Tim Stocks is Margate born and bred and describes his art as a celebration of how he honestly sees life, rather than a celebration of the artworks themselves. As Tim is not formally trained it would be tempting to describe him as an outsider artist, as much perhaps as it would be tempting to describe Tim’s work as homoerotic (Tim is a self-proclaimed “lover of the beauty of cheeky boys”) but for him it’s more spiritual than that.

His paintings are big, bold, colourful and immediate.

"Always paint what's in your heart"

About Plinth

Plinth is sea-facing independent lifestyle and art shop based in Cliftonville, Margate, UK. Open since June 2015 the shop houses a carefully considered collection of interesting objects, periodicals, publications, artist editions and unique concept driven home-wares. A core backbone of local makers sit alongside hard-to-find / one-of-a-kind items and furniture. An ever changing mix of old and new…

The newly opened gallery and pop up space to the rear of the shop aims to give further exposure to creative talents by providing a space for experiments. Accessible by double doors inside Plinth, it’s also available to hire for exhibitions, happenings and interesting events.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed