Monday, 1 June 2015

Margate regeneration continues at pace

More and more people continue to see Thanet as 'The Place to be' people are voting with their feet and heading into Margate Broadstairs and Ramsgate to set up business. This last week I have been informed of Three new ventures investing their hard earned cash into the area and I don't get out and about much my wheelchair has a very limited range. Since the local council and Kent County Council decided to invest in the Turner Contemporary Contemporary many new start ups have decided Margate is the place to be. I moved here over thirty years ago and Thanet over that time has seen lots of changes. Now we are seeing the rewards of years of hard work and visitors are once again flocking to the seaside. I wrote last week about every one of our Sandy beaches being busy with visitors for the half term break. The Dreamland site is reopening and the whole of Thanet is enjoying a renaissance. Ramsgate harbour is busy with cafes and shops being set up around the harbour arm and  Broadstairs is enjoying increased visitors. House sales are up as many people are relocating here  so maybe Thanet is at last reaping the rewards of inward investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed