Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Thanet South's Conservative Hopeful Craig Mackinlay

 

CRAIG MACKINLAY (Conservative) Born Chatham. Educated at Rainham Mark Grammar and Birmingham University. Chartered accountant and tax advisor. Medway councillor since 2007. Contested Gillingham 1992 as Independent, 1997 as UKIP, Totnes 2001 for UKIP, Gillingham 2005 for UKIP, Kent Police Commissioner election 2012 for the Conservatives. Acting leader of UKIP 1997, Deputy leader of UKIP 1997-2000. Defected to the Conservatives in 2005. 

I have posted this to show while I am backing Labours Will Scobie because he is a local living in Garlinge and I also know Will, I have nowt against the Conservative Candidate. I say that slightly tongue in cheek because I feel the Tories have parachuted him in as a dead duck and feel that Farrage  will win so send they have sent in a UKIP defector. It makes good headlines. I am getting a few comments on twitter against my backing of Labour but I honestly feel Craig Mackinlay will not be the man for the job, he has contested lots of  places but never got the main prize he even failed to become Kent Police Commissioner which in its self is a useless job currently held by Ann Barnes. Mind you in his defence he could hardly have been more controversial than Ann Barnes.Plus Craig lives miles away in the Medway Towns. That is not a crime but Will is Thanet Born and Bred lives here and is a local.

1 comment:

  1. It is very nice of you to show a candidate that you won't be voting for. Good day to you Don and I hope it is a good one for you. Denise xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed