Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Whizz-Kidz wheelchairs for kids

As a wheelchair user I  was enthralled when I saw a program about a charity that gets wheelcairs to kids. I loved the way children who had never been able to go anywhere on their own were suddenly freed  and the look of sheer delight on the faces of them was to coin a phrase a PICTURE.
The reason for this post is that maybe someone out there who reads this will be able to offer financial help. Visit Whizz-Kidz Website here.I cut this piece from a Barnado's press release I found online :-

Earlier today children and spokespeople from both Whizz-Kidz and Barnardo's presented a new report to 10 Downing Street, to highlight the fact that NHS Funding for UK wheelchair services has not been reviewed for 15 years.

Barnardo's Chief Executive with children presenting the report at Number 10 Downing Street
A chronic lack of money and a NHS postcode lottery – which dictates when and if children get a wheelchair - are having a disastrous impact on disabled children across the UK, according to ‘Don’t Push Me Around!’ the new report published today by children’s charities Barnardo’s and Whizz-Kidz. 

Follow Whizz-Kidz on Twitter

Follow Whizz-Kidz on Facebook



 

 

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed