Wednesday, 4 June 2014

The Theatre Royal Margate

I saw a tweet this morning that caught my eye. The Theatre Royal twitter account often posts stuff and I often retweet, this tweet was for the new Shakespeare work, This Last Tempest
 I went to the Theatre Royal Margate website and discover a whole new world. I have never set foot inside the building which is one of the oldest surviving theatres in the UK  but looking at the website and online it is truly a stunning place.  I was amazed at the quantity and quality of acts appearing in Margate this year from One of Our Time Machines is Missing performed by Inspiration Inclusive Youth Theatre to an An irreverent, fast-paced romp through the Bard’s plays, The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) was London’s longest-running comed. I like Marcus Brigstocke on the tellie and he is coming to the Theatre Royal in October which coincidentally is about the time of my birthday. I am in a wheelchair full time now and looking on the website  disabled access for such an old and historic building is good obviously I cant get upstairs but without my stairlift . So I may not be able to get to the seats in the Royal Circle the stalls are perfect for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed