Wednesday, 16 April 2014

New Pier for Margate next week, build it in four days?

I have pencilled in four days next week to sort out a new pier for Margate. Since 1978 when the last one succumbed to the storms we have been lost without our Pier. So via Twitter last week a plan has been hatched to rebuild the pier. Grove River Trips Pete who runs trips on the River Stour from Grove Ferry  has a boat for when the tide is in we are pretty much covered.
Margate new pier will be a mostly wooden structure, I cant weld under water so it had to be wood. And the lengths of timber have to be wheelchair friendly so nothing longer than about 1metre and we think due to health and safety nothing weighing more than 1 KG I dont want to get a hernia. The fact we have a boat we may be able to get the pier out at least 4 metres so if all goes to plan and the design on the back of the fag packet is passed by Barny the Dog a new Margate pier is coming to Margate. Read all about  Grove Ferry River Trips Here

Grove Ferry River Trips


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed