Thursday, 17 April 2014

Margate's New Pier

What started out as a bit of fun the idea for a new pier for Margate seems to have been greeted by fellow Thanetonian' s with much gusto. When you actually think about it with the building of the Turner Contemporary and this year the start of Dreamland being rebuilt we actually need the pier to become not a joke but a reality. My first memories of Margate are of the old pier. The thrill as a kid of being able to walk on water another early memory is of feeling seasick in my dad's mates boat in Ramsgate harbour but that's another story. Margate needs a PIER now more than ever what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed