Thursday, 5 December 2013

Shop Local Saturday in Margate and Thanet Small Business Saturday 7th December

I had to find out about Small Business Saturday from listening to the Chancellors Autumn Statement so it goes to show Politics affects us all. I have done a web search and found very little on Small Business Saturday for Thanet. There is a very nice article from the Times titled


The Heritage Lottery Fund is a crucial catalyst in the regeneration of Margate, according to its chief Jenny Abramsky It is a charming article reminding me of how Margate Old Town was is the not to distant past. Well getting back to Small Business Saturday it aims to encourage people to shop in their local towns and shops.This whilst highly commendable is something I would recommend everyone to do as much as possible and as often as possible. I am not looking through rose coloured spectacles I know Tesco and the like will take the biggest percentage of your pound but even if we all and here is the crux of the matter ALL three little letters but if every body spread a little more of their weekly spend local some of our independent shops would be able to stay open.
The biggest employer is small and medium size companies and many of these enterprises and local shops. These shops are in need of your support get out there and spend some of your cash in them. Try a coffee in a local cafe rather than Starbucks or a loaf of bread from a proper bakers rather than from the supermarket. The only local place promoting Small Business Saturday on my Google search was the Sands Hotel on Margate Sea Front

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed