Thursday, 14 November 2013

Sands Hotel Margate on BBC Homes under the Hammer

I had a dentists appointment early on this morning and got back in time to catch the end of Homes under the Hammer on BBC1. As the screen jumped into life I thought I know that place it is Margate. And sure enough it was Margate and the tale of the purchase of the Sands Hotel. I have yet to go there but being in a wheelchair I don't get out as much as I used to. The Hotel looks marvelous and is a fantastic addition to Margate. I am sure that the country is no longer in recession Thanet is going to see a mini boom as people take advantage of the lower property costs in the area. I read on ECR's blog we are going to have an airport in the Thames but I am still backing Manston Airport despite all the anti Airport propagandists machinations. This area still just gets on with stuff and will continue to do so despite the best efforts of a tiny minority who moan about anything and everything. Margate has got the Turner Contemporary or as I have heard it called the Tate Margate


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed