Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Skies Planes and Thanet.


I have been out a couple of times in the last week and both times I saw aircraft heading for Manston. Hopefully we will be seeing a lot more in the future. I read an article yesterday the Roger Gale was extolling the virtues of Manston to play a bigger part in the extra capacity needed while the powers to be sort out Londons next airport ie Boris Johnson bonkers idea of Boris Island or the daft idea of Grain. If the powers want to do the sensible thing we will get Ramsgate Parkway Station to serve both the Airport, KLM Passengers and the Manston Green development. With that and the new houses going in at Westwood Cross Thanet is due a small population explosion. If the Parkway Station offers trains into London in a hour it would make sense for people to move to Ramsgate and commute into London. If the Government can spend Billions on the proposed HS2 rail link I feel that the Parkway Station would be a bargain and would make work for all involved. The Manston issue is here to stay for those who are anti and for those who like me who would love to see it go ahead I feel it is closer than ever.
Here is a picture of me at Pegwell Nature Reserve yesterday watching the planes and the birds. The helicopter picture was taken last week I just managed a shot as we arrived




Link to my true story about my trip to Manchester 

14 comments:

  1. I wish Manston Airport well.

    I cannot help wondering if a Ramsgate Parkway Station will lead to closure of the existing station?

    ReplyDelete
  2. John I don't think it would but what do I know ? I hope it does go ahead we need to see some real support for the Airport

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would people want to move to Ramsgate with planes going over their heads 24/7? Dear oh dear, Don, I don't think you've thought that one through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I for ONE hope it B well doesn't!! Wake up you idiots-it never has worked & won't now. It's in the wrong place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear dickie you didnt think it through did you? YOU ARE THE ONE WHO LIVING UNDER THE FLIGHT PATH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whilst I dislike being called an idiot by an anon I will not call you names, your comment leaves people to draw their own conclusions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Living under the LHR flight path has not depressed the housing market in Richmond and Windsor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon 16:05,

    If you say so then of course it must be true.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ricardo Darling.... your 24/7 comment is beneath you as you know very well that night flights are prohibited... tsk, tsk!

    Pass the crackers dear boy, we must have something to place this caviar on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If people wanted to fly from Manston they'd come to Ramsgate Station then jump into a taxi for the airport, which would be quicker than waiting for a bus @ parkway station to fill up then finally get to the airport, which tells a story just look @ EU Jet silly flight prices yet still the planes were almost empty, as a lady once said to me she flew out of Manston & said never again although it's on the door step it's very un-profesonal, they'd much rather fly out of Gatwick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tim, Your story about the lady and Gatwick id a lie. It never happened.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tim,

    Your story about the lady and Gatwick is untrue - it never happened.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I flew from Manston and it was a fantastic service
    Being disabled I had my disability scooter and it was loaded and I was lifted onto the plane. As I said a fantastic service.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ignore him Don, it's just Tim up to his usual tricks. His next step will be to plant more anon comments agreeing with himself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed