Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Russia and Pussy Riot

I know this is nothing to do with Thanet but this is my blog and I do use it for non Thanet stuff so please don't tell me I am not promoting Thanet. I have just watched the BBC 4 documentary film about the Russian Punk band Pussy Riot and am disgusted by the way the Orthodox church and government have treated these girls. Yes they were foolish but if that as a crime it would mean we should all be in court and many people should be sentenced to life for gross stupidity. But being foolish is not a crime but offending the Russia Government is and offending the church is evidently unforgivable. I heard one of the Bishop guys saying they should die! now that is really Christian charity toward his fellow citizens. But the reason I am pro Pussy Riot is the corruption that is rife in Russia  and they enjoy just doing what they want. And if the church is involved in the corruption then I am dismayed but I wont dwell on the dismal side of things but if the Russians want to be at the top table surely they must attempt to clean up their act.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed