Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Cliftonville Farmers Market

I am now managing to get out and about again after my recent stay in hospital and on Sunday we went up to the Farmers Market at the Bandstand in Cliftonville. The weather was set fair and we were blessed with beautiful sunshine but I did think it must be cold there in the winter. I mentioned this to Chris Barkaway on his Butchers stall and he said the wind comes straight from Siberia and is a lazy wind it dont go round you it goes straight through you. But Sunday was bright sunshine and he was doing  a brisk trade with both his fresh meat and award winning pies and sausages. Chris is the fifth generation  of familly  butchers A.J. Barkaway I wrote about his butchers shop a few weeks back, it is so nice to see the quality of goods available at the farmers market.





Also at the Bandstand there was a band playing and also a car show with old ansd Vintage cars and a display of Land Rovers put on by the Invicta Club







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed