Monday, 17 June 2013

Tesco and Arlington House

There has been a lot of commotion on the local blogs Facebook and Twitter about Tesco getting the planning consent for a store at the bottom of Arlington House. I am all for it and think it is the best thing for the eyesore that currently is there. I can understand people not wanting it, to me it is a bit like waiting for root canal work on your teeth you know it will hurt but the end result will be OK. I have lived in Thanet for over thirty years and in all of that time the shop units there have never thrived. The location is not ideal for retail on that scale but Tesco is a tried and trusted retailer and people will come to them. I know this to some may sound two faced after promoting my local Nisalocal in the previous post but I do strongly believe we use both, maybe we rely a little to much on multi national's but thats life. The reason I am posting this is to put a but of perspective into this, I dont see Arlington's shops getting any better. The site is an eyesore and really not a credit to Margate and its residents. At least with Tesco going there it will be tidied up and look the part. Margate deserves better than what is there and I am looking forward to it opening.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    apologies for posting on an unrelated comment, but needed more than 140 characters on twitter! I'm Luke, part of a team organising a charity music festival in Cliftonville on 30th June to raise funds for a new charity to support people with Dementia.

    You can find our mission statement and festival poster in the pictures section of our twitter @PeterClarksonDF

    Any help promoting the event (which is looking to be a fantastic day) would be very helpful considering your considerable twitter following, and we would be very grateful for whatever you can do. Even a few retweets or a link to our page could help massively to spread the word.

    Thanks very much!

    Luke Cornwell - PCDF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Apologies for posting on an unrelated topic, but 140 characters on twitter would be a bit too concise!

    I'm helping to organise a charity music festival at East Northdown Farm, Cliftonville on 30th June. It is to raise funds for a new charity called the Peter Clarkson Dementia Fund. It's looking like it's going to be a fantastic event.

    Considering your considerable local twitter following, I wonder if you would be able to help us promote the event using social media.

    Even a few retweets or a link to our page up until the day could be massively helpful in informing people about the event

    If you like, check out our mission statement and festival poster on our twitter page @PeterClarksonDF

    Thanks very much!

    Luke Cornwell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed