Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Margate busy for half term

I have been out today a trip to the doctors and them over to Pegwell for a sausage sandwich at The Dog Walkers Rest. On the way back we drove through Margate and it was busy. The  front even had people out for bracing walks in the cold. Margate old tow was busy and the parking on the harbour arm was mobbed. The Turner Contemporary was busy with lots of people on the front steps and the cafe was full. I haven't made it to the new exhibition yet but aim to get there soon. The new sea defence work looks near to being soon completed but whilst driving around I was impressed by the number of building works being undertaken, scaffolds are sprouting up all over Thanet hi-liting the inward investment in the Island. Birchington and Westgate were busy and it was nice to see a young lad and his dog guarding his Guy and he seemed to be getting the odd penny from those passing by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed