Thursday, 13 September 2012

Why Not Manston Petition

With all the upsets over the Third Runway at Heathrow I joined the group WHY NOT MANSTON and started a facebook page plus a petition. You may gather from that list I am pro Manston and yes I am along with thousands of others. I don't think the local council help the airport and I am one of those of the opinion if you buy a house near an airport don't complain about the planes. Don't bother commenting if you are moaning about the airport I wont be changing my mind I have done this post to draw attention to the petition and  the facebook page  so if you share my views please sign the petition.
http://www.facebook.com/WhyNotManston/posts/505350779494499?notif_t=like

Petitioning Why Not Manston

facebook page WhyNotManston

WhyNotManston website

4 comments:

  1. I grew up in East Kent when jobs were plentiful. The council should be doing all it can to encourage new investment in the area, and using Manston as a REAL airport would be the answer to so many needs. You cannot live without work, and I'd like to know just why Thanet council is against the plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By your reasoning if your neighbours dog bites you it's your fault for living next to someone with a dog,
    Stargazer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MW. My understanding about the TDC opposition to extending Manston operating hours is that although there is support within the Council for Manston Airport development, it is politically inconvenient for the Council to support it publicly in any way, as the Council was voted in on a ticket of 'no more night flights at Manston' at the election and they cannot be seen to be going against their mandate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MW. My understanding about the TDC opposition to extending Manston operating hours is that although there is support within the Council for Manston Airport development, it is politically inconvenient for the Council to support it publicly in any way, as the Council was voted in on a ticket of 'no more night flights at Manston' at the election and they cannot be seen to be going against their mandate!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed