Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Thanet has new RNLI Lifeguards for Summer

Ten Beaches around Thanet will have new RNLI Lifeguards on Patrol this summer. The TDC website says 'Following intensive training, the RNLI lifeguards will take up their posts from 10am to 6pm every weekend and bank holiday from 2 June until the main summer season (14 July to 2 September) when lifeguards will be on the beach every day.  In addition, there will be RNLI lifeguards at Margate and Broadstairs/Viking during the summer half term school holiday (4-8 June 2012). 'So Ross at  Botany bay  will once again get a Lifeguard on the bay. Ross runs the beach kiosk offering hot food and drinks and ices etc or the hot summer days. He also has beach goods and a few deck chairs for hire. It is surprising what he manages to offer from the small kiosk.
As I have mentioned before I have had a beach hut on Westbrook beach for nearly 30 years and have always been glad to know that Lifeguards were on hand, and I am pleased to say my family have never needed their services. I am not able to get down on to the beach nowadays but can often be seen on my disability scooter causing havoc up and down the prom. See you there.
TDC article about RNLI

3 comments:

  1. Lets hope the lifeguards will have the authority to challenge dog owners if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news for the beach goers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to be amongst them although swimming is beyond me now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed