Friday, 13 January 2012

A Sideways Launch on Faversham Creeek

My brother lent me a copy of A Sideways Launch to watch. I am old enough to remember Favershams shipyard and it bought back memory's I had long forgotten. I went down to Abbey street once to watch a boat launched sideways into the creek, I stood on the quay at Gillets surrounded by crowds of people who like me had come to see the spectacle of a boat being launched sideways into the narrow creek. Oh memories to cherish. Faversham has changed, this video bought back some of what I had forgotten. Here is a youtube clip the full video can be purchased in Faversham or ring  01795 539 448. 01795 539 448.

3 comments:

  1. How does yet another story about Faversham promote Thanet?
    Maybe you should change the name of your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Faversham! One of my favourite places to visit, along with Wye, Chilham, Wingham & Sandwich.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed