Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Feed The birds RECIPE FOR BIRD FOOD

It is winter once again, I know its hard to believe but we get one every year so it should be no surprise.  So it wont surprise you when I say dont forget to feed the birds. I was pleased to see my garden feeders mobbed with 12 Goldfinches and loads of Starlings this morning, there were also Robins Blackbirds and a lonely Dunnock feeding in the borders.  So what do you feed your birds. I use Sunflower Hearts they have had the shells taken off so you dont get any waste I buy fatballs peanuts table scraps bread pastry fruit etc, but this time of the year the birds love my homemade  treats. Or as the RSPB call it speedy  bird cake.
Ingedients: Suet or Lard bird seed (I use wild bird food ) rasins sultanas peanuts YOU CAN ALSO ADD DRIED MEAL WORMS. some empty yogurt pots and some string.
MAKE SMALL HOLE IN YOUR POT AND PUT STRING THROUGH IT remember to tie knot
Take suet or lard place in large bowl add the wild bird food rasins etc and mix together thoughly. Then spoon into yogurt pots. Hang out where the birds will be safe from cats and where you can see what birds visit your restraunt. I love sitting at the window with my camera it gives hours iof fun. Please use fresh ingrediants your birds deserve good food. VISIT THE RSPB WEBSITE FOR THEIR RECIPES AND IDEAS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed