Thursday, 17 November 2011

Skywatch Friday from Pegwell Bay Kent UK.

I haven't logged on to Skywatch for ages what with me being ill and then Heather being ill the whole summer has passed us by, but we managed to get out more or less for the first time together last Saturday. Where did we end up PEGWELL BAY and I sat in the car watching flocks of ducks and lapwings take off as a microlite circled the bay. By the time Heather got back from getting the sandwiches he had gone so no shot of him but this shot shows how busy it was and it  was darn cold for an oldie like me. The snack van managed to make two bacon sarnies before running out of bread so we were not to late just on time I will call it. So we had our sandwich and coffee and headed back homewards on the new road. The new byepass will make it quiet at Pegwell but judging by the amount of cars in the carpark it is just as popular as allways.
Sky Watch is hosted each week by  the Sky Watch team of  Sandy, Wren and Sylvia

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful bright day. Great capture!

    Happy sky watching.

    Skywatch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sky. I hope you are feeling much, much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice capture, I like the way the sun is reflecting off the car's hood, uh bonnet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look like a lovely day. Great capture! Happy skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so good that you were able to get out Don...I can relate to ongoing months of being stuck inside due to illness. What a blessing to be able to get out and enjoy the fresh air and beautiful blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous day! Love those blue skies and I like the reflections, too! I do hope you and Heather are feeling much better! Never fun being sick! Hope you both have a wonderful weekend, Don!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an intriguing unexpected 'view' at the bay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're both better now.

    What a creative shot - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks folks we are going to try and repeat it this saturday, I can hear the bacon cooking and its calling me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great shot of a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed