Wednesday, 29 June 2011

First Greenfinch



About two years ago I noticed I didn't have any greenfinches visiting the garden feeders. I always have Greenfinches so when they were absent I noticed. I was told they had suffered a new disease and numbers were down by a third, or in my garden down by 100%. I was delighted when Heather said she had seen one visiting and this morning she got these shots to prove to me they are still around. I haven't seen them yet but now I am back up and able to watch the feeders I am sure I will.

2 comments:

  1. Heather got some great shots Don. Hope you will be seeing them soon. Thanks for stopping by, that does look a bit like a purple dandelion doesn't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Don! Wonderful job of capturing them Heather.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed