Friday, 6 May 2011

Why do I keep crying

I am sitting here with moist eyes. My mate died this week and each time I think about him I cry! I haven't seen him in the last two years but we used to chat once or twice a month on the phone and each call was like we had seen each other the day before. I went to school with Brian, He was my best man and I his and when his daughter phoned me with the news I just went numb. What is it with death is it the shock you wont see that person again that you cant tell them how very very special they were to you, or is it the fact of our own one day demise. I am not scared of dying but it will come to us all. I am with Woody Allen I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens. ... Well I am going now while I can still see to type

7 comments:

  1. Very sorry to hear of your loss. The pain will ease over time but will be very raw at present. Be kind to yourself. Focus on the good memories and think of him just being in the next room/street/town. Waiting 'til you next meet up. Memories can last a lifetime and sustain you through the lows of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I will miss him but we can still chat through prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Don, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. It's so sad to lose someone you are close to. I lost my sister three years' ago. We weren't able to see each other that often but chatted on the phone a couple of times a week. I miss our chats immensely to this day, and probably always will. Wish I could give you a hug but here's a virtual one instead. Denise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don, sorry to hear your news, but look on the bright side, his life was positive, death comes to us all. the best we can do is to leave a good footprint on the sand of life!

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your news Don our thoughts are with you,i was only thinking about my Dad earlier today.
    Like you i am not scared of dying just leaving loved ones and friends.You have your faith to keep you strong.
    Take care Don,

    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful what you have written, he thought a lot of you and often spoke about you, we will all miss him so so much. Love Kira x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed