Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Fritillary look nice but I missed the boat this year

I like to watch all the gardening programs on TV. I have never been much of a gardener but I love to see flowers and now I am disabled I cannot get into our own garden because it involves steps so I look at the telly and online. I saw some Fritilary on one of the gardening shows the other night and thought they would look nice in our front garden and it has no steps so onto the internet I goes only to discover I am too late for this year. So short of cutting out pictures and sticking them in the garden I will have to buy some seed and later in the year plant them for a display next year. Here is a picture of a snakes head Fritillary.........wish me luck for next year.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you've solved a mystery. I took a picture of some of these a few weeks ago and I tried hard to find what they were called. Thanks Don!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed