Sunday, 10 April 2011

Nice That TDC's web department found time to promote Turner Contemporary opening




I have been feeling crap this last week so not been blogging and after last weeks discussions with Simon didn't hold out much hope  for the councils web department even mentioning the Turner Contemporary let alone doing a good job. Well I was wrong. I was pleasantly surprised when I logged on tonight and checked Thanet District Councils website and found a  nice Flash mention for the opening and a link to Visit www.thisismargate.co.uk which is a great site. Well done all to all concerned with the site. The reason I have been so vocal about TDC'S web was we need more stuff like this and now we have got it I hope it is kept updated. Well with a few days left before the official opening the Turner Contemporary is looking good and I will be visiting for a preview on Tuesday evening. I have got an invite and Ross is taking me and I have got a new wheelchair for the occasion (not really) I will blog about it during the week but have been asked not to take any photo's of the inside untill it is open on Saturday, which is fair enough but I will take the camera so Ross can get a shot of me for the family album.I actuall;y managed to get out yesterday and when we came through Margate and past the Turner I got a couple of shots so here they are. I particularly like the last one showing the KFC snack box.

5 comments:

  1. Well Done Don, your efforts have been rewarded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken I would rather TDC did things without having to be pushed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too right Don, we shouldn't have to push them.

    I like your first photo, almost surreal

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos were taken from car doing about 20 miles an hour I am surprised how well they came out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like an impressive building Don and well done on you giving TDC a push. These folks need someone to let them know that people out there are doing good and trying to keep an eye on things for everyone's benefit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed