Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Margate comes in third in list of top ten cultural hotspots

I saw this on twitter earlier and have meant to blog it allday but I am having a bad day with my MS . The Independant newspaper  published a list and Margate came in third behind Miami

1 Miami
A visit to the Frank Gehry New World Center (nws.edu) will be as much about admiring Gehry's architecture as the music made within.
2 St Petersburg
Over on the west coast of Florida, the new Dali Museum (thedali.org) offers more room to display the 2,000-plus art works kept in the city.
3 Margate
The Turner Contemporary (turnercontemporary.org), a new gallery for contemporary visual arts opening this spring, is set on the site where Turner stayed during his frequent visits.

2 comments:

  1. I see Margate beat Hastings, Tallinn, Turku, Helsinki, Antwerp, Stratford-upon-Avon and Bristol. Nuffin like a bit of culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Culture and Margate used in the same sentence, who would have thunk it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed