Friday, 11 March 2011

Margate Beach Cross Margate Beach Race – 12th & 13th March 2011 TDC website fails again

I saw the Beachcross advertised on the news lunchtime and tried to find details on the web. I couldnt so gave up and went to bed. Since I woke up I have had my dinner and watched a bit of telly. I tried  again and it has taken dedication to find the event on the web. Our local whats on has sod all on and it took a lot of finding of the details. The council is responsible for the site so I copied these details from the site and ask you to email them and ask who is responsible for the crap they put on the site and offer to do it for half there wages b ecause I bet they earn more than you. THIS HAPPENS WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT THE SITE IS AT BEST BAD. Sorry all last year this happened and the first big event of the year and they dlnt even list it.

To contact our Tourism Unit please write, telephone or e-mail to the address shown below and we will endeavour to assist you.
Tourism Service
Thanet District Council
PO Box 9
Cecil Street
Margate
Kent
CT9 1XZ
Tel: +44 (0) 1843 577671
Fax: +44 (0) 1843 577686
Email: tourism@thanet.gov.uk

4 comments:

  1. Don

    As I explained in my email to you a little earlier, the council is responsible for its events and the organisers of non-council events are free to use the tourism website - which is not run by the council - to promote their own activities.

    There's real confusion over what the council is actually responsible for and it has no capacity or budget to act as comprehensive activity and information resource. This is the job of Visit Kent et al and the organisers of events involved.

    I grant you there could be a better way of doing things in a more joined up manner in respect to the internet and it is an interest I'm pursuing with my colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grant you there could be a better way of doing things in a more joined up manner in respect to the internet....
    cruiser bicycles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simon thank you for your response I know how difficult it is finding stuff that is going on in Thanet as I strugglle to get stuff for my blog. Its just with TDC logo stuck on the site the adress as TDC office and response emails going to thanet.gov.uk I assumed you had someone in charge of the site. Cheers Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were lots of people at the event, and I'd be surprised if there could have been many more even if it had been advertised on the tourism website.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed