Tuesday, 15 March 2011

horse logging

 I find it incredible that within one generation life has changed so much. Had my father lived he would have been 100 next year and when he was a boy horses would have been the powerhouses of the farm. He himself had a lifelong injury from an encounter with a horse and a barbed wire fence. I was watching BBC's Countryfile on Sunday evening and saw an article about horse logging. In woods and forests horses are sometimes used to haul lengths of felled timber out of the forest. It is environmentally better than using tractors and less damaging to the flora and fauna. Lots of these old ways of doing things are in the present days are to expensive to be common place but it’s nice to see the old ways are not disappearing completely

Horse Logging




Horse Logging in the Out Woods, Charnwood Forest (Douglas Maas) / CC BY-SA 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed