Friday, 7 January 2011

Five a day confusion

I had some fruit with my cereal this morning, all nice and chopped up in a packet from Tesco's kiwi fruit orange grapes etc you get picture on the label it says I of your five a day. I struggled to eat half of it after my cereal and then I worked it out if that packet which contains 300 grams is one of my five a day I needed to eat 1.5 kilo of fruit to be on my target of five a day THATS LOTS. I thought I should investigate and on getting online I googled FIVE A DAY and first up was NHS live well and on looking up portion size I found I portion as recommended by the NHS is 80g. I will leave you to draw your own conclusions. Sorry about the picture the Tutti Frutti collection looked a lot better before I had eaten some of it . In fairness I did check the Tesco website and they also recommend 80g a portion so where do you go from here?

3 comments:

  1. Was this enlivened with honey as per your earlier post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Tony not bought any honey yet and at the price it is I need to start saving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don at breakfast my concessions to healthy eating are, semi skimmed milk on my corn flakes, cutting the fat off my bacon and slapping a bit more marmalade on my toast for a bit more fruit.

    As you know I went to a boarding school for the disabled, we tried a few alternative health remedies on pretty much every major form of permanent disablement without any significant result.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed