Wednesday, 1 December 2010

KCC and Kents Snow patrol to keep roads clear


Just read on Twitter that the KCC has 66 Gritters and 180 Farmers with snow ploughs out and about keeping the countie roads clear of snow. I havent ventured out of the front door even in the wheelchair it would be too dangerous let alone on crutches which is my favouite way oof getting from front door to car. Here in Margate we seem to be better off than the rest of the county but it is blooming freezing. I hope KCC keeps the roads from Canterbury clear so the builders can get in to finish our wet room. I need a shower the floor man is coming on Monday hopefully the snow will be gone by then.KCC winter service web page

5 comments:

  1. Don I’m on my mission to try and work out what you blog about, what on earth is your wet room, it congers up images of German health spas, the hosen rather than the lieder hosen if you know what I mean, or perhaps you have been waterboarding your local councillor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd stay at home and it's only raining but as I said to my friend who just called me up, "Are we still going with all this rain out there?", to which she replied "We're not going to let a little rain put us off, we're British!" Frankly, I think I'm turning into my old dog, who used to hate going out in the rain. Oh well, she was a sweet little thing, even though she didn't want to get her paws wet! ;) Now if it was icy oout there, no way I would be going outside. Stay warm Don. Denise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael I can no longer get into a bath even with a bath lift addaption so the bath room will become a walk in shower room or wet room. Maybe we could waterboard a few councillors to get to the bottom of the Ramsgate flats sea wall issue, you hold em down I'll spray them with water. TDC are in my good books at the moment as they are paying for the work in form of a repayment grant so I love TDC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise your dog showed great sense me given the choice I stay at home and blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don, could you email me your snail mail address so I can send you a Christmas card of what Canadian winter looks like? elaine489@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed