Thursday, 30 December 2010

Feed the Birds

I am posting this to show off my new bird feeding station. My sister in law bought me the pole and a feeder for Christmas and my wife put it up this morning. I love it and when we get some birds on the feeders it is in a great place for me to sit at the window and take piccies. So dont say I didnt warn you this blog will soon be all about my garden birds. Dont forget to feed your birds wherever you live, at this time of year our little feather friends need all the help they can get to survive. If you are interested in feeding your birds here is a link to the RSPB for some advice.

7 comments:

  1. Meal Worms are a favourite, attract a lot of birds, and are quite reasonably priced in Wilkinsons, really pricey elsewhere. Also important to put out cut apples and fruit for the Blackbirds. Check water regularly. Keep bird tables clean as this is can be a source of disease for birds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed the birds in Ellington Park are being well looked aften by someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the forth coming bird pics Don.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony I remember a certain Beachcomber
    feeding Ellington Park birds last year HMMMMMMMMMM I am spotting a trend here

    Malcolm I never knew Wilkinsons did em they are going on my wifes shopping list. I love my birds.

    Mitch if it carries on like today foggy misty and dank with not a bird in sight you will have a loong wait probably untill next year I recon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see someone choosing to be positive and promote the place we live as somewhere worthwhile. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of bird photos Don. Happy New Year to you and Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I havent seen anything on the new feeders yet but my wife has so I am setting up a tripod and camera to commemorate the first piccies .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed