Saturday, 4 December 2010

Feed The birds



Yep its winter there is snow on the ground and its difficult to get to work or the supermarket to buy somethiing warm for dinner! I magine how har it is for the birds. More birds die this time of the year due to the harsh conditions and also they have less hours to search the food out. Thats where we come in with food to feed the birds. Fatballs peanuts seed and sunflower seeds etc help them as they contain fats to keep the birds warm. Bread is less good and should be  used as well as and only as a last resort instead of something better. Bird seed are available from alsorts of places but the RSPB SHOP has all sorts of stuff for looking after the birds or google Fat Balls recipes, here is one site I looked at CLICK HERE its easy and fun to help the birds.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the link. Watching birds feeding in our garden is a big thrill. Without insects and birds civilisation would eventually collapse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all inter dependent on each other. I love to see the birds they brighten everyones day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab pictures, I agree the birds need to be fed...if only my dog didn't eat the food I lay down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little birds, lovely photos. Enjoyable post Don. Denise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your birds! So colorful. It is so hard to keep them fed in the cold weather. I can barely keep up sometimes with the huge number who trust me for food.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed