Monday, 15 November 2010

Margate Turner Contemporary sets opening Date

Yep the date has been set the champagne is on ice THE TURNER IS GOING TO OPEN. I know that you have all been waiting with baited breath for this day well the date is :-
Turner Contemporary have just announced that they will open to the public on Saturday 16th April, 2011.
The first exhibition will be Revealed: Turner Contemporary Opens, which will centre on a little-known work by JMW Turner entitled The Eruption of the Souffrier Mountains, in the Island of St Vincent, at Midnight, on the 30th of April, 1812, from a Sketch Taken at the Time by Hugh P. Keane, Esqre 1815 – best known perhaps for holding the record for longest title for a painting ever.
Brace yourselves, Thanet.
I got the details from the ISLEONE website a font of all things Thanet and you can find their site HERE
I in the mean time am off to look up the picture with the dubious title The Eruption of the Souffrier Mountains, in the Island of St Vincent, at Midnight, on the 30th of April, 1812, from a Sketch Taken at the Time by Hugh P. Keane, Esqre 1815 
Turner was DFL and from this picture Jimmy Godden got the inspiration for Dreamland.

3 comments:

  1. I love looking around places such as this. I am sure it will be a huge success. Denise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tHANKS dENISE i CANT WAIT FOR IT TO OPENoops I am looking forward to it immensely. I am sure it will be good for the local economy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed