Friday, 26 November 2010

Bogus e-mails local neighborhood watch

I just go the following e-mail about the bogus emails going round at the moment scaring people .
It  is from a local neighborhood watch scheme member and comes from Kent Police so rest easy most of this stuff is a Hoax but be on your guard  and it is always better to be safe than sorry


 
[Reference: EB/24-11-10/AS/All Zones]
Hello All Zones and welcome to KCM for today 24th Nov.

Here is a general information message about bogus emails.

We all receive emails from well meaning friends who pass on to us warnings about various subjects and asking us to pass the information on to all our friends.

This request to pass on information is a clue that this is an email designed to cause congestion on the system. In all cases I have come across, the email can be verified as genuine or hoax by visiting the following web-site.

www.hoax-slayer.com

This very useful site lists all emails true and false, and usually provides details of the origins of the emails so that before passing on hoax emails the information can be verified.

I hope this information will help people to decide whether or not to pass on their emails.

Thats all I have for you today, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed