Wednesday, 17 November 2010

Anyone see Aiweiwei on the Telly last night

I stayed awake after the news last night and watched the programme about Ai Wiewei the artist who designed the Birdsnest stadium for the Olympic Games in China and the current installation in the Turbine Hall at Tate Modern. I knew very little about Ai Wiewei before last night and still don't know a lot, but II am now very interested in him and in China. I am frustrated by regimes that stiffle or in most cases suppress any form of dessent. Can you imagine what it must be like to be a free thinker and have to live in a suppressed societey.  I must sign off now as we have builders in and they will be here any second.

Aiweiwei.com

4 comments:

  1. Didn't see the program - maybe I'll have to try the internet catch-up version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing me to Aiweiwei Don. What we take for granted, makes me realize how fortunate we are. Denise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gerald I enjoyed it but then I am trying to update my knowledge of the art world due to our new art gallery which opens in April.

    He and his family have been persicuted for there art for nearly fifty years. China is strange with regard to Art yet it is one of the oldest artistic civilisations on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise the second comment was for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed