Thursday, 21 October 2010

Sky watch Friday


Last week the local gas works was taken down when we got there one of the great  frames had already been dismantled here are a few shots of the remaining one being dismantled.  The sky was as blue as any day in the the summer but the autumn has started and leaves are turning very fast and a lot of the Horse Chestnuts have been attacked by a leaf virus and their leaves are dying and I dread to think what will happen next year as the prediction is a lot of the mature trees will die.See other sky's from around the world at SKYWATCH FRIDAY

5 comments:

  1. Interesting pictures, I'm glad you explained what was happening. The sky is a lovely blue. Autumn weather is here in USA also, but the trees are such lovely colors right now. I love the colors of Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are interesting pictures and I, too, am glad you explained what was happening! Love your beautiful blue skies with just a hint of clouds! Lovely! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it interesting how construction (or in this case, deconstruction) equipment looks very artistic against the blue sky? I otherwise think it's very ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wren I think it must be me but I love BIG construction equipment, When our son was young we used to travel to constrution site to let him watch diggers etc and now our Grandsons are the same and delight to see BIG TOYS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they are wrong about losing the trees. Always so sad. I keep dreading the ash borer over here...plus our drought. Lovely skies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed