Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Wind Farm ceremony next week

Just read on Twitter that Thanet Wind Farm is to be officially opened next week.Click here for Thanet Extra report. I have long been fascinated by the work to erect these monsters and often sit along Palm Bay Avenue counting ships and enjoying the sunsets. I got a better set of Binoculars recently and on the horizon looking towards Essex can just make out the tops of some Wind Turbines off of the Essex coast. anyone else ever notice these?

2 comments:

  1. Those wind turbines are amazing machines, and I didn't realize how large they were until my father-in-law showed me a photo with him standing next to one of the blades lying on the ground, waiting to be erected. He was traveling through North Dakota on his way to visit his family at the time. Have a great day Don. Denise xxx
    An English Girl Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise they are about a mile off shore and still look huge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed