Thursday, 19 August 2010

Saint Augustine's Skywatch

Skywatch this week is slightly left of centre. I am not feeling so good so went through the folders of stuff and found these  from Christmas last year. The cross with a little bit of sky in the pictures is Saint Augustine's Cross at Ebbsfleet . It commemorates the landing site of Augustine in 597 AD he is said to have landed here and said Mass before moving on via Minster to Canterbury and thus starting the Church of England. I am not connecting the Christmas tree to Augustine but it is from the same folder and I thought it was better than a picture of a turkey. Have a good week watching sky at Skywatch . see you next week

7 comments:

  1. I especially like the way you captured the cross in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love your capture in the first photo! Beautiful! I do hope you're feeling better soon!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first photo is a winner..good Sky Watch photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon, Don! I like the cross photos and the Christmas tree is a nice little bit of winter in the middle of summer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to contact the doctor today I spent the night coughing and have some antibiotics so hopefully on the mend XXXX Don

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one.. have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Don, lovely photographs. Do hope you're feeling better by now.
    An English Girl Rambles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed