Saturday, 24 July 2010

Margate and summer time

I went out on the scooter this afternoon. I cant get down to our beach hut at Westbrook so I sat at a table outside the Cafe and ate a bacon Baguette and drank a very good coffee.Well when I say I ate it I ate what my grandson let me, I am sure he likes bacon as much as me. The beach was clean and tidy the tide was just going out and the lifeguard was on duty. Westbrook beach like Botany Bay are secrets in Margate's crown populated by locals and regulars. Ross was doing well at Botany Bay the Kiosk was doing good trade and the beach also has its own dedicated Lifeguard team. Ross has not seen any seals yet this year but has been told they are around its just he is working so hard serving customers that he misses all the wildlife. Margate sea front was shut for the Margate Pride event and I think they are having a jazz festival as well. So if visiting follow the diversion signs.
Barny asked me to say thanks to  a big THANK YOU to all the readers of this blog who have added stuff to his free ads site for Kent www.kent.all-in-one-place.co.uk He  got the front page on google for a few days and that made his income from people clicking on the google ads an his site go up a lot, so he wants to get back on page one, and if you have got anything to put in the freeads or classifieds list them soon. I am off for a lay down a few hours our and I am done in.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are getting out and about Don, I wish you would get a camera mount fixed to your scooter so you could take some pictures of your walks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael that could be a possibility I am a rubbish picture taker .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good Don, I look forward to seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice day with your grandson :-) I would love to be at a beach right now. It is so hot here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed