Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Disability rip off

 I already new that stuff aimed at the disabled is a rip off but tonight it was confirmed. I have had tremors for ages but of late they have got worse and eating is a problem. Today the physio  suggested weighted cutlery may help. My wife went to the local store and one item a knife a fork or a spoon was twenty two pounds each. RIP OFF OR WHAT ? I went online and found a set of four for fifty quid and I wont be getting that either I am going to make some weighted wrist bands and see if that helps.

2 comments:

  1. These are an example of a complete rip-off. I got a knife , fork and spoon with hard foam handles from Social Services. No it wasn't Kent Social Services the only thing they're liable to give you is a free flight to Dignitas in Zurich.

    See here for what they look like
    http://www.benefitsnowshop.co.uk/products/Kitchen_and_Dining/One-Handed_Cutlery/Lightweight_Foam_Handled_One_Handed_Cutlery.html

    You can get a full set for under 16 quid here

    http://www.activemobility.co.uk/shop/cutlerylightweight-foam-handled-p-344.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which shop Don, maybe we should know to avoid.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed