Sunday, 23 May 2010

Traffic pours into thanet

Lunch time today we drove along Margate seafront the beach was rammed full of trippers. Parking was full on the harbour arm and every√łne  was enjoying the sun. Margate was the place to be. As we headed off the Island cars waited turn to experience  the delights of Thanet. As we got to Birchington Square the usual bottle neck became evident as cars queued from Brooksend  to the roundabout, a site that was a regular of summer feature 30 years ago. I  could give all sorts of reasons like ash clouds to Willie Walshes BA not working but I put it down to the Brits love of the seaside on a gorgeous sunny summer day.    And with the weather set fair for the future weeks I hope the traffic jams continue and the site of knotted hankies and lobster red skin becomes the norm in Thanet once again as more and more of us decide staying i n the UK aint so bad after all. 

6 comments:

  1. I hope Ross did a bit better than us,even though the sun was out we did not rent any bikes out at all and omly just sold a few bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. saturday rubbish sunday better maybe you need to sell ice creams and cold drinks ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice-cream cones with Cadbury Flakes in them, what a lovely memory at the seaside. Paignton for me in South Devon before we actually moved there, way back when. Wishing you plenty of tourists this year. Denise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ramsgate was also very busy on Saturday and Sunday. Long may the Sun and tourists visit planet fanet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RVM thats good. I dont mention Ramsgate enough, living in Margate I tend to favour this side of the Island more. I must do more of what it says on the tin PROMOTE THANET not just my bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Denise we sure do need em. Thanet is what the call a deprived area. I just love it and I call it home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed