Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Tate Moderns Birthday on BBC last night

Anyone see Tate Modern on the BBC last night? I thought it was a good programme but must admit I doubt I would have been watching it had we not got the Turner Contemporary  going on our sea front.I found it interesting that the Tate Modern or as they would rather be called Tate Modern without the The in their moniker. And five million visitors a year, a figure not to be sniffed at. I have always been in favour of our Turner Contemporary and what I saw last night has reinforced that, I for one cant wait till its open. I even have a better understanding of the boating pool walk put on by Hamish Fulton.I still think he is barking but what do I know. All I know is that I want Thanet to be great. I will even include Ramsgate in that for RVM if he is reading this. I love this little Island of flames and want others to come and love it the same as I do.


4 comments:

  1. Yes,great programme,can't wait till Turner Contemporary opens!Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have watched it, sounded very interesting. Thanks for stopping by. Just had to see if your concrete pot had turned up yet. We parents have to learn to be patient don't we Don, God Bless their cotton socks, hehehehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Don, good to see you again. How are you?
    Sorry, I don't know the background of this post because I have been without TV for many years. But the photo itself is fascinating.

    Shalom to you and Thanet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dina Margate is to get a comtemporary art museum/centre and the Locals are not sure it is what we need. I am pro the place and it Tate Modern is anything to go by we are in for some big visitor numbers. I hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed