Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Pegwell again

Life is better today. I am recovering from another trip to Pegwell Bay More bacon rolls. The kiosk there are to blame if the rolls were not so nice I wouldnt keep going back.Well yesterday we went over and took two friends and as it  was such a nice day after eating we got the scooter out and went for a walk. It was the first time I had ventured  the  foot paths over there and I must say Kent Wildlife Trust do a good job of managing the area. The path was great for the scooter and we had a really enjoyable couple of hours. I never saw any seals but I have been told you can see them from there. And I never saw any notable birds whilst there but did have a nice view of a Sparrow Hawk hovering on the fringes of Westwood.
I have put a picture of someone on a disability scooter on a similar terrain to Pegwell because I want to say getting the scooter has been the best thing I ever did. I used to be so self conscious I stopped going out of the house. Not only was I missing out other people were missing out on my company, So anyone who is considering getting a scooter dont  hang around buy one. They are fantastic.

7 comments:

  1. Good to see you are getting about Don, what about taking the camera and putting up some pictures, or do you think that I put enough up for everyone?

    Your horrible word recognition doesn’t seem to like me, this is my third attempt at commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take it off in a few days after the spamming has stopped. Its been nice to get out. My wife is the official photographer for the blog I shake too much now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ECR says he was handbagged at dawn with word verification on Don, see its gone now.

    Perhaps you could get a camera mount attached to the scooter, that way the shaking wouldn’t matter at all and you would have the advantage of a very steady camera so you could do some telephoto shots using the timer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have got a couple of tripods I did consider using one so I could continue using the camera. Hopefully this currant episode will calm down and I can feel a bit better. On the subject of pictures I love scrolling through your pictures as I have said before its like me taking a walk without leaving the computer please dont stop doing it I really enjoy your strolls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don if I stopped putting them up the flack would be enormous, I was talking to a well-known film director I know the other day, who I won’t name and shame, enough to say he codirected with Lindsay Anderson.

    I asked him what he used as a method of quickly consigning the worst shots to the cutting room floor, his answer was, don’t do that Michael I follow you on your walks and find the pictures particularly soothing when I am filming in hot countries.

    Asfar as the tripod goes I am sure you would be better off attaching the swivel head of a tripod to your scooter.

    Did you mean current as currant seems a bit unusual in the context unless the you symptoms have taken unusual twist?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have got a lot worse in recent times I haven't even managed church since mid October but since the weather has turned and the sun has shone I feel a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Horrible disease Don, as you know I was disabled during my childhood and went to a boarding school for the severely disabled, so I suppose I am always on the look out for practical solutions for overcoming the limitations whatever they are.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed