Monday, 3 August 2009

Botany Bay Margate or Broadstairs






Postcodes say one thing but location says another Botany Bay is Rammed today with holiday Makers, kids building sand castles eating ice cream and their parents relaxing. But when they head back home will they say I went to Margate or Broadstairs and more to the point will it matter? Botany bay is one of Thanet's gems it is recognised as a natural bay and is host to loads of wildlife even Seals but when people go home what do they tell teir friends where they went and do they say Broadstairs or Margate or Thanet? More to the point do they or we care? So long as they come and enjoy themselves should we be worried? I know Ross down at Botany Bays kiosk wants them to come back and by more bacon sarnies hmmmmmmmm I am hungry.

7 comments:

  1. Wherever it is, I still live in hope that TDC will make this an official naturist beach some day. It could do wonders for tourism in the area if promoted properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Botany Road was within the boundaries of Margate Borough Council.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeremy why is it come Broadstairs now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Click Here to see today's Isle of Thanet Gazette feature on Botany Bay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're making me hungry Don, those bacon sarnies sound so good. These pictures are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took me a while to search online, only your site unfold the fully details, bookmarked and thanks again.

    - Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello there thanks for your grat post, as usual ((o:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed