Monday, 25 May 2009

Margate the place to be on Bank Holiday weekends

On Saturday our daughters wanted a beach day so we all trooped off to the beach hut so the children could build sand castles and eat ice cream. I cant get down onto the beach any longer so decided to head off on the trusty stead (my disability scooter) and take some nice pictures of Margate and Westbrooks fabulous sandy beaches. So having been liberaly coated in factor 25 sun lotion I headed off to snap all and sundry. Well those of you who bother to read any of my offerings will know it is my wife who uses the camera because I have Multiple Sclerosis and find taking pictures challenging. Well I trundled up and down the seafront snapping away having a good old time talking to everyone who didnt ignore me, it was great in the sunshine and the sands were the place to be. I took several pictures to show everbody how busy the main sands were, and lots of the crazy golf at Westbrook plus some really artistic shots of the crowds at Westbrook beach plus the rows of nicely decorated beach huts on the promenade all in all I was chuffed with my efforts. That was till I got home and downloaded them all on to the PC. Yep you have guessed it they were all rubbish out of focus and slighty blurred all apart from one that is of my scooter handlebars obviously snaped as I was putting the camera away. Next time my wife is coming with me I hope your weekend was more sucsessful than mine

4 comments:

  1. this is a great hotel www.malvernhotelmargate.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don,

    Factor 25, that's heavy going it must be like lard or beef dripping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simon I will plug the hotel on twitter for you as well. Tony I look like a panda where no cream on my eyes I am not letting anyone near me again but being disabled I cant run away

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sorry to go off thread I have set up a new blog http://thanetpress.blogspot.com/ and would appreciate it if you would link to it as I have done to yours, it is to be exclusively for publishing local press releases with proper feeds.

    I won’t be publishing anything that isn’t mainstream it will be TDC and the main local politicians press releases only.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, your comments mean a lot to me and I love to read them. Defamatary comments will be removed